As the DSP Valley network grows and matures, it is extending its scope from underlying enabling technologies to specific application domains and markets. This is a way of bringing new players into the network to the mutual benefit of members and non-members. To facilitate this extension into application domains, DSP Valley has created Special Interest Groups (SIGs), whose goals can be summarized as follows:
- provide a platform for the exchange of information about the latest developments in the specific domain (technological advances, industry trends, matters related to policies and legislation, etc)
- stimulate the creation of alliances and partnerships among members (and selected invited participants) to explore opportunities for new business, project proposals, etc.
- promote the DSP Valley cluster as a region of excellence in the specific domain
- organize regular seminars, workshops, company visits, etc. within the SIG application domain, with invited speakers from inside or outside the DSP Valley network, and ample room for interaction among participants
- facilitate in national and international inter-cluster matchmaking with similar or related organisations
- participate in conferences and trade shows relevant for the specific domain, under the DSP Valley flag
- keep an up-to-date information repository with news and relevant documents in the SIG field